OPERATING PROTOCOLS FOR COVID-19
The worldwide outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic has brought significant impact on the world. In the light of this situation, Zanzibar is resuming tourism operations, whilst ensuring the safety of both visitors and the locals.
At Next Paradise Boutique Resort we have established precaution and safety protocols as recommended from the Ministry of Health and World Health Organization. Based on the guidelines, we designed a standard operating procedures whilst continuing to offer the same Next Paradise experience.
General Cleaning Measures
Regular cleaning and sanitizing with proper solutions of all common areas, guest rooms and work rooms is essential to protect the health and the safety of our guests and our staff.
- Our staff is trained on routine cleaning and sanitizing procedures.
- Frequent cleaning and disinfection of all common areas and surfaces.
- High touch surfaces are cleaned even more frequently- doorknobs and handles, telephones, light switches, tables, chairs, washrooms and menus.
- Service staff uses recommended protective gear during sanitizing duties.
Hand sanitizers are placed for the guests to use in all common areas at all times.
We are lucky enough to be on Zanzibar with amazing location just a few degrees from the Equator, therefore a tropical climate allows us to have all the common areas in open spaces. The safe distance of minimum 1.5 meter is ensured at all time and safe communication in the common areas as well. Staff must use the disinfectant regularly and after each use disinfect all of the surfaces.
Luggage collection disinfection procedure
The person handling the luggage is washing hands and using alcohol based hand sanitizer as frequently as possible and always after handling the luggage.
All vehicles are provided with hand sanitizer and the driver must wear the safety mask while in the car. Car handles and car parts are sanitized before/after trip with the guests.
Room setting and cleaning procedures
- Room cleaning staff must sanitize their hands using the recommended sanitizer on finishing each room and before entering the next room.
- All guest rooms must be fully cleaned and disinfected using the recommended disinfectant soon after use.
- Consideration is given to increased time between check-out and check-in to ensure housekeeping to have sufficient time for thorough deep cleaning of the room.
- Laundry attendants must wear the effective and recommended protective gear and wash hands regularly.
- Front-loading area of washing machines are sanitized frequently.
- Laundry attendant must sanitize and wipe down all surfaces and washing machine doors inside, the tumble dryer, outside and the door handle.
Food and Beverage services
- Food handlers must regularly wash and sanitize hands.
- Minimizing direct handling of food and preventing cross-contamination of foods.
- Clean and sanitize utensils and surfaces In the kitchen using standard sanitizing solutions.
- Increase frequency of cleaning and sanitizing of all the surfaces.
- No Buffet available.
- Disinfecting all thekitchen equipment frequently.
Since May 2021, Zanzibar has presented new measurements affecting all travellers.
From 4th May 2021 a negative RT-PCR COVID-19 test certificate is required for all travellers using a sample collected within 72 hours before arrival to Tanzania.
All travellers have to fill out the Traveler’s Surveillance Form before arrival to Zanzibar at
Point of Entry.
A negative COVID-19 test result on departure from Zanzibar is not needed by travellers unless required by the airline or country of destination. Online registration is mandatory for all travellers that require a RT-PCR/Antigen rapid testin on the following website.
We have a testing center located in 10 minutes walk distance in Pwani Mchanghani.